-Does knowing you care about people enough to miss them ever actually make up for missing them?
-When you arrive in a place and it is not quite what you expected, or just feels foreign, the thing to do is to find things to love. If you can find enough of them, maybe eventually it will start to feel like home. Spokane took eight years. I guess in the end, Whitworth made it easy. I loved it there from the beginning, and running in the back forty this summer made me really appreciate the wild beauty of Spokane for the first time.
-I heard singing from the mosque across the street last night. I wonder when Ramadan starts. And if they stay all night, why not the Christians? Where are the voices of monks raised in song through the watches of the night? (I wrote this last week. Ramadan is over now.)-What is up with the United States postal system: “Neither rain, wind, sleet, snow…Except on Sundays.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Hanna!
As I try to get around to take your (birthday) envelope to the mail, it is constantly growing. Currently in it are:
2 drawings by Mark for your wall
1 photo by me for your wall
1 pack of taco mix
3 packs of German pudding (it took a detour)
1 book mark
Any special requests? Stuff you miss?
Love ya!
errr. i meant to write "get around to takING"
Post a Comment