Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Let the travels begin

Monday morning I checked out of my room at 7:30 AM (after staying up until 3:30 AM cleaning.) For all the care I took scrubbing the tiles, it took the cleaning lady barely five minutes to confirm that I could leave without any difficulties. I had been very stressed because I needed to catch a certain train in Paris in order to arrive in Stuttgart in time to meet Louisa. However, the fact that the Secretary had the day off, which had sent me into a mild panick the night before, because I absolutely had to be out of the residence by 9:15 at the latest, worked to my advantage. I did not have to wait for the Secretary office to open at 8:30; the cleaning lady had already been given my check-out sheet. So I got to the train station in Lille at 8:15, traded in my ticket to paris for an earlier one, and arrived in Paris with two hours in which to get to my next train in the other station, instead of 24 minutes. I would never have made it. As it turns out, I had a rediculous amount of luggage. it was an unexpected grace, to be there early.
I met Louisa, as planned, and as planned we got to Konstanz at 7:00 PM, and were picked up in the car by Miriam. So that is the story of my unstressful journey.

It's lovely being here. It's relaxing, and beautiful, and wonderful. Let it be known that there are at least five chests full of different kinds of dilectable cookies sitting on the balcony. Still, I miss all my family, I send them my love, and whish everyone a Merry Christmas.

We, the writers and editors of this blog, regret to inform you that there will be no further pictures posted for a while. Hanna absolutely refuses to carry her computer around Europe. What a dinosaur. Haha. :P

1 comment:

MarksMomma said...

Merry Christmas, Hanna! Love you!